APIs are a public interface for your company and yet the design is usually left entirely to the IT department with no strategic oversight. This approach can often lead to problems such as
- documentation suitable for implementors but not customer acquisition.
- unmanaged dependencies on third parties
- poor extensibility without breaking backward compatibility
- missed opportunities to create or lead industry standards
- lack of measurement leading to poor visibility of customer use and issues
Our expertise comes from learning the hard way in previous corporate roles and from that developing a formalised design and review process for APIs.
Here are just some of the ways we can help you:
- Design an API from scratch
- Review existing APIs
- Plan an upgrade path for an existing API that avoids common pitfalls and delivers a version with significantly more value.